Sunday, December 16, 2007

Brother & Sister in Christ

I thank God for these 2 people that He put in my life during my time in Thailand.

For p'Kul. She's like an elder sister to me (though we're just a year apart). She looks out for me, and during my first weeks here, she made it a point to call me to chat, just to make sure I was ok alone. She never fails to chirp me up with her little quirky antics. It's encouraging to see how much she trusts in our Heavenly Father. I'm glad she's here for the whole of December. :)

For Motu. He's an irritating kid brother that you wish you didn't have, yet at the same time, without him, it feels like something is missing. This brother is one sensitive and caring dude who never fails to step out to help when help is needed. It's a joy to see him interact with the children, leading them in songs and teaching Bible stories, and you can feel the love of God strong within him. I'm glad to have known him.

We stopped by a resort for lunch on our way to Chiangmai. While waiting for lunch to arrive, we climbed up the bamboo bridge (which look extremely fragile) to explore the compound.
Upon arrival in Chiangmai, I had the opportunity to visit the OMF Mekong office, to see the faces of the missionaries serving in the Mekong Region amongst the many people groups in this area.

No comments: