Tuesday, November 6, 2007

a new term has started

Sawatdii Kha!

The weather's beginning to get cold. The afternoons are nice with the sun shining down, accompanied by the cool winds. It's a great feeling indeed. The nights can get quite chilly though.

School started for the children here on 1 November, so I'm also starting English lessons in school and at the villages. I'm really excited to what's ahead! =)

Here's how my "schedule" looks like:
Monday: Rest
Tues & Thurs morning: Nam Jam School
Tues & Thurs late afternoon: English at the Nam Jam village
Wednesday afternoon: English lessons at Suan Luang
Friday: Rest
Saturday morning: Bible Club at Suan Luang followed by English lessons.
Sunday morning: Church
Sunday afternoon: Bible Club at Nam Jam

I went with Sam to Nam Jam for my "first day of school", and the kids are so excited to see p'Sam. I'll be helping out for the first 2 weeks, then we'll see how it goes and I'll probably teach the kids proper in the later part of November.

My Thai is improving. I'm able to have simple simple conversations with the youths here. But I definitely has much much more room for learning & improvement. I really thank God for helping me through all this. Khorpkhoon Pra Zao! =)

Remember the Shan guy from the new Shan village (aka Kaew village, because the Christian living there is called Kaew) who indicated interest in knowing more about God? He came to church on Sunday! Praise God for that. Do continue to keep him in your prayers.

Do also pray for my walk and spiritual growth with God. That I may continue to grow strong in His Word.

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what i desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:10-11

No comments: