Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Teaching...

Yesterday was the first time I taught at Nam Jam School alone.

Really want to thank God for bringing me through the 3 hours of lessons with the 3 classes. =)
I was initially worried that I wouldn't be able to handle them. Prayed and asked God for wisdom and courage to teach in a language that I had barely mastered.
Everything went well. The children could understand what I was trying to explain, and I could more or less understand what they asked.

"A picture paints a thousand words"
Decided that since I wasn't able to hold long conversations with the children (lest I start becoming confused by the endless chatter from everyone), I shall draw to keep them entertained. So entertain them I did, by drawing cartoon animals on their worksheets. It kept everyone (including myself) laughing for a good half of the class.

Thank God for this 'practice'.
At least now I know I am able to handle the class next week when p'Sam is not in Maesai.

Also want to thank God that He sent Lois and I down to p'Sam's place at the right time on Monday night, to be able to find out that he had disclocated his left shoulder.

We had just finished dinner and decided to bring the pork bones to the dog that lives in p'Sam's house, as we usually do. Just approaching his place, we saw the song tiaw leaving his house and were wondering what had happened. Then we saw Motu, and he explained with gestures that p'Sam had dislocated his shoulder and is going to the hospital. We then went back home to inform the rest. Uncle Charles went to the hospital to make sure everything was ok, while we stayed to pray for p'Sam.

Thank God the dislocation has been fixed and he's back home resting.

Do keep p'Sam in your prayers, as he will be travelling around with p'Kul this weekend to Central Thailand and then to Chiangmai next week. Pray for protection as they travel, and also recovery of his arm so it will not pose as a great discomfort during the long bus journey.

Do also pray that I'll be able to prepare the lessons well, and to go with a heart prepared to be a blessing to the children, no matter how small it may be.

No comments: