Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day and I was really honoured to be invited to join the Fongs and their American missionary friends for a Thanksgiving lunch at Uncle Harry & Aunty Pattie's house.
It was a great treat with lots of 'aahaan farang' (western food) like turkey, pasta, salad etc.. as well as a couple of Thai dishes.
That's 3 turkeys worth of turkey meat!!!

Everyone getting a plateful of goodness!And the best must be the desserts! There was pumpkin pie with ice-cream, brownies, shortcake with strawberries & fresh cream! Oh the thought of them makes me hungry.

*Dessert pictures are with Lydia, coz I was too busy eating all the yummy dessert to remember any phototaking, so I'll post them up when I get them!*

It was a good break from the plenty of Thai food I had been eating (though I still love Thai food very much).

That's a picture of Nelly, Uncle Harry & Aunty Pattie's youngest (4th) child. She's 2 years old and is the cutest kid I've seen here. With her perfectly blonde hair and blue eyes, she's as "ang moh" as she can be. Yet, this little girl here speaks Thai more fluently than English! When you speak to her in English, she answers in Thai. Even her family members speak to her in Thai! According to her mom, Nelly thinks she's "Thai".

Now everybody say "awwwwwww.....!"

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: